Monday, July 13, 2009

Rafting on Clear Creek!

WELL, on Sunday June 28Th Vicki and Doug were going rafting with their kids and friends from California. They all wanted me to go with them and I was like no that's OK I don't know how to swim and I have never been White Water Rafting. Doug said it would be ok and we would all be together and Vicki, Abby and Doug had been before and they new what they were doing and that we would have a guide that would tell us what to do. So I got brave and decided to go with them, Well when we got there we were on the intermediate rafts! What! I was a little nervous along with Abby's Friends Chantal, Roxie and Rheanna. We got on all of our gear and loaded on the bus and we were off to Dumont to start our adventure!
We unloaded and were put on to rafts, well Doug and Christopher where on another raft which left all of us girls on one raft! They teach you how to row and some commands and then off to the water we were. Very scary for the first few min. until you get the hang of it. We had a wonderful guide, Mario, he did a great job with all of us. We had a great time! I would do it again! Sorry the pictures are backwards.

on this picture all you can see of Doug is is hand on the left front of the picture and Christopher on the right.






Our raft coming out of one of the rapids!


Hang on GIRLS!!!



Here we go in to a rapid!

8 comments:

Jess Mangum said...

FREAKY! NO way would I do that!

Kristy Graff said...

oh i'm jealous! we did that last year with our friends and decided to make it a tradition but now i'm prego so we had to skip ot this year...next year for sure!!!

Lisa said...

Oh my heck!!! I can't believe that you did that!! I'm proud of you, cause I know you share my fear of water... way to go... not sure I would be that daring... who am I kidding... I KNOW I would NOT be that daring!
I'll bet you're glad that you did it... it's always a good feeling to face our fears!!
Very Adventurous girl friend!
By the way... thanks for the text, wishing me a happy birthday... I did get it, but didn't have my glasses, I couldn't see to text you back!!

Erica Mangum said...

I cant believe you did that. Looked like it would be pretty scary! You go girl.Looks like you had fun with Vicki and your dad. We miss you guys.Hope to see you soon.

Karen said...

That looks so fun. I love to white water raft. We should head over to Jackson sometime and do it as a family.

ChrissyLee said...

Hey Mary Jane- I saw that you commented on erica's blog and i wanted to say hi. my blog's private, but send me your email and i'll invite you.

tamandchris@gmail.com
Chrissy (Campbell) Lee

Raelee said...

Im with Jess on this one......NO WAY you are crazy!!! But you must have survived if you posted these pictures..haha

Unknown said...

Clear Creek Rafing is some of the most amazing whitewater rafting adventures available anywhere in Colorado. If you want to experience whitewater rafting at its finest, then this rafting is exactly what you want to do.