Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Tyler Hummels Wedding

I came back down to St. George March 9th to do the wedding cake of my best friends son, who also happens to be Michael best friend growing up. I am not sure what happened while I was doing this cake but I had a melt down and the cake was not turning out the way I wanted it to. I called Sheila and asked her to come up and look at it and see what we needed to do with the cake. Well in the mean time Mike and Jess came over and Mike took a look at and said "Mom", and I said "I know but I don't know what to do about it." So the three of tried some different things and at about 8:30 pm the night before I needed to have the cake done I took everything off the three bottom layers that I already had done and started over! Wow!! John and Sheila showed up about 10:00 or so and they couldn't believe that I had started over! But between Jess,. Mike and myself we managed to start to fix the cake. Mike and I had such a hard time rolling out the red fondant for the bottom layer that we finally gave up for the night and worked on the other layers, Jess worked and Mike worked on cutting the fondant for the ribbon because It needed to dry for 24 hours, well we weren't going to have 24 hours. Between John, Sheila, Mike, Jess and I we were able to have a wonderful cake for Tyler! Jessica with the loops for the bow, now we just need them to dry!

Mike helping me frost the cakes, good thing he has learned to help his mom with cakes for most of his life!

Sheila checking thing out!

The funniest thing is that every time we would turn around John would have a different kind of food that evening! ha ha


Mike calling Tyler to let him know that we were all still up working on his cake and what the heck was he doing sleeping, (Look at the time on the clock, this was a.m. not in the afternoon!)

When I called Sheila to come up she just came in what she was in and her striped socks with the shoes she had on she looked like she was a witch!

The next morning, cake is looking much better and Jessica is putting together the bow! She did such an awesome job! Thanks Jess!!


The finished cake, with the wonderful bow!


Done and delivered and Tyler and Erica loved it!

1 comment:

Katelyn said...

you are amazing! i wish so bad i could do the things you do!